Someone said you can buy supplemental insurance if Obama's health care plan passes and goes into effect - is that true?

Someone responded on my post that you could buy supplemental insurance on Obama's health care plan? Is that true? Do you have a link? That's awesome if it is!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That someone is me. In every single proposal I have heard batted around, there was no talk about "outlawing" private insurance. Why don't you post your link showing that it will be outlawed, instead of trying to force people to prove a negative.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• After the govy care take's effect nobody within private insurance will be able to change their's.If they would end up on the govy plan.There will be no real competeting for private insurance and eventually it would be killed off.I have said before check out my Journal's.My latest one show's how Tennessee tried this stuff and it failed bigtime almost bankrupted the state.I have alot of info in them including the bill Obama tried to get passed.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• and ladies have been posting links on all of this in other posts.
    tnmomofive

_____________________
    Opinion and speculation is not fact, tnmom. Just because some writes an opinion of what may happen if some unknown plan was passed does not make it true. I prefer to rely on actual information and facts, so let's talk when they actually get together a plan and then dissect it. In my opinion, discussing anything other than generalities is a waste of time until we actually have specifics to discuss.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i can't believe people want MORE government control.. HELLO.... time to wake up!! Now they are going to pay the doctors for care... YEAAA SUUURREEE sucks for whoever is going to get it, your gonna get crappy care that I'M gonna have to pay for... "yay"
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I just told you the bill is in one of my Journal's.As for what TN did that is not opinion either...that is all fact.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I just told you the bill is in one of my Journal's
    ______________________
    One version of it, maybe.

As for what TN did that is not opinion either...that is all fact.
    ___________________________
    Where the speculation comes in is that there will be a definite comparison between what happened in TN and what may happen in the entire country. As far as employers offering crappy or no insurance, that is a current reality, and it was getting worse before Obama got elected. Every single person I know has had their benefits cut and their prices raised, even 15-20+ year technically trained and educated people. I myself lost insurance benefits after 10 years with the same company, even though I moved up the ladder to a top position. The truth is health insurance is prohibitively expensive, and my employer could no longer offer it. Those are the facts, my dear.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• As far as government control, we are the government. This is a democratic republic, meaning we ARE the government.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If you look at page 16 of the bill, you will see there is a provision making it illegal for companies to add new policies. (If you have a baby they will have to go on the govt healthcare plan), you can't buy a new supplemental insurance plan, etc. Source

: http://newsblaze.com/story/20090718060714zzzz.nb/topstory.html

Anonymous

• That is the bill that has been on Pelosi's site.I have said reform fine but not more government garbage.That is how I feel about it and it would never change.We are not the government when our voices are not heard.Go to the second page and see how some dems are yet again trying to shut out dissent and just shove the shit through..THIS time it is people of their own party they are trying to shut out.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009