Too old to be "worn" in a baby sling??

My daughter is 13 months old, 18.5 pounds, and is 30-31 inches long. Is she too old (or too tall) to still be "worn" in a Baby Bjorn?? I often wonder. Sometimes when I'm using my Baby Bjorn in public, I get weird stares...this has only happened in the past couple of months...

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter is 17 lbs and 9 months old, and even before she reached that weight, I tried to walk with her to the corner and got winded. I would commend you if u are that strong to carry ur baby around. Thats just like women who go shopping, dont grab a cart, and carry their baby on their hip, I'm amazed that they can do that without sitting down occasionally, maybe I'm just short and thats why I cant do that.. You go Girl!!!
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think that you should do what works for you and your DD. I would ignore the stares as long as your LO is happy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• O agree with ^^^
    what ever works for you and don't worry about what other ppl think or say.
    Anonymous

• also, whatever the "manual" says is good on weight..we have a moby wrap that goes up to 35 lbs:)
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 9:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• absolutely not.. as long as she's under the weight requirements then there's nothing wrong with wearing her. Especially if she's not walking yet. I mean, make sure she gets plenty of opportunities to walk, but there's no reason you can't wear her when your out instead of having to carry a squirmy awkward toddler around.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• oh, btw- my daughter is 12 mos 19.11lbs and 30 inches.. and I still wear her! It's just easier!
    kristal2146

• OP

My daughter can walk, but she's not able to walk long distances-like walking from my apt to the store 5 blocks away. And she can't climb stairs, so if I have to go up and down the stairs to the laundry room, I'll sometimes wear her.
    Anonymous

• I have friends who use them for two year olds. No biggie.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My DD is 2 25lbs and 34in and I just bought another sling for her( Im pregnant and mine was sized- so I outgrew it plus it will good for the first few months of our new LO before I fit in my old one again)... If it works for you guys go for it!

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 10:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• my son was asleep this afternoon when we got to the library...I wanted him to stay asleep so I put him in the "Hip Hammock" but he woke up and wanted out of it :( I was sad. He is 2 and weighs 29 pounds- the limit for it is 35 pounds though. today is the first time that I have tried to use it in forever
    CoolMommyofboys

Answer by CoolMommyofboys at 10:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009