head down

does your baby turning head down have any impact on when you will have the baby? like, when they turn head down, does that mean they will come soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not exactly my baby was head up until i was about 8 months and than she faced down and i had her a week before my due date
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 9:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• not all the time, b/c it happens in the last trimester
    Anonymous

• no, my baby is head down right now and i am 30 weeks 5 days. both of my other kids were head down from 20 something weeks and i never went into labor naturally, so i think it does not matter at all.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• there just preparing for labor along with your body
    Anonymous

• It doesn't always happen in the last trimester either, anon. My daughter was breach at 20 wks, then about 2-3 wks later she turned upside-down. It has nothing to do with when you'll go into labor. Neither does dropping. My daughter dropped at about 30wks, and I didn't have her until 38 wks.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• no my daughter was head down throughout my 2nd and 3rd tri. I never went into labor on my own i was induced at 42 weeks. It has nothing to do with when baby will come, but it is the best position for the baby to be in when you do go into labor. Babies can even move during labor so really this is a sign of nothing.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2009