a month old?

i was wondering when do you stop burpping your baby? also when do baby's start to hold there heads up good...

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 9:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• both my kids started holding their heads up about 4-5 months old. as for burping, my kids didn't need me to burp them at around 3-4 months, but you can do it longer. depeds on the baby
    Anonymous

• my son really held his head up about 3 months but started to a little around 1-2 months old. He had a really strong neck. I burped my son until around 4 month when he started sitting up on his own. But you can burp them longer there is no harm.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My daughter was born part Ox (he he, she is a strong little buger) and was able to hold her head up the first week after she was born. Burbing, I do not know. I still burp my 5 month old but usually only half way through the bottle and at the end of the bottle. She has acid reflux so she needs to burp
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• "My daughter was born part Ox (he he, she is a strong little buger) and was able to hold her head up the first week after she was born"

Mine too.. she was my first and I couldn't believe the head control when I was in the hospital still
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I stopped burping my daughter at about 6 months.. around the same time she learned how to hold her own bottle. I'd just sit her up after she ate and within a couple minutes she'd burp herself. As far as head control, every kid is different but usually by about 3-4 months their heads are good on their own and don't need any support from you.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I still burp my DD at 9 months, more out of habit than necessity usually.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2009