sexual harrasment new at new job?

so i started a new job just a few days ago ( which i quit my other job for) it is mostly an office job. And ever since the owner has made little comments to me like i would love to have a romantic dinner by the fire, and if i hit on you let me know.

today it was worse, he told me how he did all this nice stuff for his wife and she didnt care, and that they dont really have sex, and that hes never met a women who did, he was like sometime id really like to make love by the fireplace. ( they are in the building) He told me i was beautiful, and that he shouldnt be saying it but if he wasnt married and we didnt work together hed be all over me. hes like maybe in 10 years you'll be attracted to me.
..I just laugh or say mmhmm or ohh or thank you. but it makes me feel wierd.

-- so what do i do? i love my job already and im young, there are no other jobs available to me right now, and i am scared to say anything,
ADVICE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• anyone?
    Anonymous

• ohh you poor thing. i can't imagine what that would be like. and i can see where you are coming from with the job thing but you have to remember you are a person not an object. tell him that you appreciate what he says but you find it very uncomfortable and that you are there to do your job and that's it.

Anonymous

• wow that is so appropriated of him, I wouldn't even know how to address this, maybe talk to your husband and he might give you suggestions that's what I would do, unless some other ladies can give to good advice

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• it really sucks, and my bf said to just tell him its not okay for him to say those things to me.

thank you ladies.
    Anonymous

• I am going to guess that this company is too small to have an HR department. You need to start documenting every comment (date, time, location, comment). You need to be very clear to him that his comments make you uncomfortable. You need to contact your state department of labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I actually was sexually harrassed for 2 years on the job by a gm. I needed the money and going somewhere else was not an option. I complained to several other managers. Had witnesses. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and quit. Walked straight to a lawyers office and sued their a$$es. I won. Well keep documents and everything else rkoloms said. Really, don't put up with this. It's not worth it. Don't let him get away with it. Even if you do quit. Tell on him so this doesn't happen again. I feel I am not the same person as I was before. I have a hard time being touched or even hugged. Don't let this slimeball do this to you!!!!
    Anonymous