Anyone else have a rough week, like me?

It's not been a great week around here. Mom was doing good, and is now not so great. She doesn't want to get out of bed,or work on her rehab. I know it hurts,but that's the only way she'll get better! I'm very worried about her. Plus,we had some other stuff happen. So, I went and found one of my favorite songs, and wanted to share it with you all. It's by Lynda Randle,and was recorded at a Gaither concert. I've been singing it all day to myself. Hope you enjoy it as much as me. And, please, remember my Mom in your prayers and thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xipq208iNHg

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, it has been a rough week. I think I have mastitis, so I'm feeling very ill (I know I need to go to the doctor...). My kids (3.5 and 1.5 years old) have been particularly trying this week...testing limits and boundaries...
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Thank you for sharing that link. I haven't listened to this in a while but it still touches me. My family has been going through many rough times over the past few years. And yes, the God of the mountain is still God in the valley.

I will pray for your mom and for you.

"Father God,
    I come to you asking for strength for my friend's mom. I ask for extra grace when rehab is hard and painful. I ask for courage and a positive outlook. Give her hope, dear Lord. And Father I ask for comfort for my CM friend here. It is so hard watching some one you love struggle. I ask that you would hold her close and give her strength. Help her to be the one her mom can look to for encouragement and support. Thank you for healing in both our bodies and minds. Thank you for being the God of our good times and our bad times. You know our needs before we even ask.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen"
    Please keep us updated. I will be praying.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• AWWW sister im sorry to hear this.. I just talked to you and your mom was doing good...I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. And remember God loves you and keep your head up...Singing always helped and worship the Lord in good times and bad sister.. love ya talk to you later
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I wanted to add, I will keep your mother and your family in my prayers
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I will continue to pray for you and your mom.
    Just remember God is the same God in the valleys as He is when we are on the mountain top with Him.
    That is what is so awesome about the God we serve.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 2:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• This is a beautiful song. I've added your mother to my prayer list.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You are all so sweet. Thank you for the prayers. Mom is in fact, doing better this evening. We just came from there,and she is sitting up, more alert,and was trying to eat a little. She will be moving to the nursing home for rehab probably Monday or Tuesday. Thank you again, for all the beautiful prayers. Much love to you all!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009