Stubborn 8 mo needs an all around schedule...HELP!

My 8/mo old DD goes to bed around 12-3 am, when i try to wake her early all she does is cry with her eyes closed, she wont eat her cereal in the morning, she wants a bottle all the time, even though she likes sweet potato, carrot, apples, almost everything, she wuld rather have her bttle of formula, I would really like her to have a schedule. Note: I am a stay at home mom and I dont have a schedule my self, so maybe thats the problem?....Can anyone please help me?

JaniyahsMommyxo

Asked by JaniyahsMommyxo at 10:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if I were you, I'd start by moving her bedtime up. Do it like a 1/2 hour at a time and in week long intervals and she won't even notice that its changing. Start by doing a nighttime routine, putting her in her crib at the same time every night. She'll get the point after a week or so that that time is bedtime. Once you get her to go to bed around 9pm then you can adjust as you see fit. My dd goes to bed at 9:30pm, and we sleep until about 9:30am (I know I"m lucky my dd loves to sleep just like me)
    Once you have her schedule moved around a bit you should be able to get her up earlier and she'll be more awake for breakfast and such. I usually don't feed a lot at breakfast, but always have a snack ready before lunch.
    Work on a schedule for yourself too, we do fun time in the morning, nap 12:30-3, and appointments and activities in the afternoon. Find what works for you and her, and tailor it to what you want.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My daughter was like that also until about 9 months. I was told if your baby doesnt get enough naps during the day it will be hard for them to get to sleep at night and it worked. She took two 1 hour - 2 hour naps during the day and she would be exhausted by the time bedtime came around. Also have a good bedtime routine. I always give my daughter a bath weather shes dirty or not the read her a book then its off to bed. Her bedtime is usually 8 and she waked up between 8 and 9. Try to always be consistent. I am also a stay at home mom and I had to change my schedule around first which was really difficult. Good luck
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I never had any schedule with either of my boys. I just went by what they needed at the time. Regarding the food, she doesn't NEED it right now. If she doesn't want to eat it, don't stress over it. She does need the formula.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009