Teethe Grinding!!!

My daughter always grinds her teethe. How do I get her to stop? It is very loud and she does it often....help!!!

Heather08161982

Asked by Heather08161982 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Health

• i used to grind my teeth all the time sometimes even as an adult and plus wake myself up donig it. don't know what made me do it ever.

maybe it's some kind of just kid life stress, excitement of disappointment in kidworld. Try slowing down her day even earlier than you are for maybe three weeks or a month. See if that decreases or stops it. Maybe she's just wound up. Or she's just realized the power of her teeth.
    Anonymous

• First off, ignore her teeth grinding. Second, get a mouth guard from the sporting goods store or dept and follow directions, have her sleep with that at night. It is not good for her to grind her teeth, she will wear the enamel off her teeth and cause more issues.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• you really cant get her to stop. i think if you keep payin attention to it the more she will do it. all kids do it. i know it is so annoying both my boys did it and it drove me nuts. they do it cuz they like the noise.
    sweetie82

Answer by sweetie82 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2009