This is hard I dont know what to do...

My Mom has these friends who have two out of control Grandkids that they have custody of. There dad lives with them as well and theyve never known their Mom... Well their Granddaughter Katelynn is around my little sisters age so theyre always bringing her over to play with my sister. Many times has Katelynn stolen money from my family, among other things. She has done it over 5 times. Well about a week and a half ago The Grandparents found their son dead in the trailer he lived in behind their house... Well the next weekend was my sisters bday(which was the 19).... Well on the 21st the whole family came over... and Katelynn ended up staying.. My sister found Katelynn holding her bday money.. so she took it and hid it. Well when the kid left my sisters money was gone! thats 60 bucks of bday money missing. My Mom doesnt want to tell the grandparents because of their loss, but I dont think the kid should be (contd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Rewarded with keeping that money, While my little sister is punished by not getting it back. She still needs to be in trouble no matter if her Dad just died. Now before you feel to bad for the family. Their Dad was an abusive Drug addict who threatened his elderly father with death daily and even beat him on occasion. Same with the kids. Hence the reason the grandparents had custody. I mean It was their Dad and son but still he wasn’t a good person at all. What would you do? I so badly want to tell the Grandparents that their thieving little brat kid stole a lot of money from my sister.. And not only once! But should I? What would you do?
    Anonymous

• Get the money back from the kid myself and tell the kid if she does it again you are going to the authorities.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• How old is this kid who is stealing? If she is young I WOULD tell the grandparents, because it's just going to continue to happen to your sister and others if they aren't aware of the problem. If she is older, a teenager, I would still tell them but tell this young lady she needs to pay every single dime back or a police report will be filed. It may be tough love but she will definateny go down the wrong path if it's allowed to be ignored and continue!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• She is almost 15
    Anonymous