Do any of you send your children to a daycare/preschool with a webcam you can access during the day?

I'm searching and searching for daycares in Austin, Tx and I can't seem to find one that has a webcam I can check from my desk at work. That's not the only criteria I have for a daycare, but in Miami there were quite a few schools that offered this feature. I think I would LOVE to be able to check in on my 16 month old a couple of times a day. I'd be interested to hear form anyone who has used a webcam feature at their preschool and if it's as useful and reassuring as I think it would be. Thanks!

hildev

Asked by hildev at 10:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in

• I've never actually had my kids in one, or worked at a place that had it. (i have worked at a place that had camera's, but the moniter's were in the office, not online) This way, they could rewind it and see whatever they needed. like if there was an accident, the parent could ask to see the tape. anyway, i think it would be great for the parent to be able to look at their child at daycare, but at the same time i think it's a risk cuz of hackers these days, especially for the 2 year olds that are potty training, and the bathrooms are in front of the camera...
    Anonymous

• my daughter went to La Petit Academy and they had webcams in the room that you could access via your computer.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:44 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I don't think you'll find one in Austin. There is a place that sells nanny cam backpacks and teddy bears in Austin. I think it is on Braker lane? Its been a while. Google Austin Texas Nanny Cams there might be an at home daycare that has one but I doubt it.
    Anonymous

Next question in
supply list

Next question overall (Health)
I KEEP GETTING UTI