Tired all day- can't sleep at night.

I am 2 months preg. with my second kid. I am worn out all day but when the evening comes- I am unable to fall asleep. I toss and turn for hours on end- last night I was up until 4am!! Any advice/ sleep aides I can take that you can recommend. THANK YOU!!!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 11:01 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can take Benedryl or Tylenol PM to help you sleep. I didn't have any trouble sleeping in the first trimester, but I sure did starting at the beginning of the 3rd! Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i had insomnia with baby #2. my dr. said tylenol pm, but i was stubborn and would not take it lol. i drank chammomile tea and it made me relax
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• You might try to condition yourself to music or another sound and sleep. Here is how you do it. When you are sleepy in the afternoon laydown and listen to one certain cd or sound (waterfall). While you are listening do deep relaxation and deep breathing. You should get so you condition yourself to the sound to relaxation.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 11:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• i was going to ask this same question. I have this issue but i have a 12 month old and i'm still breastfeeding on top of being 22 weeks pregnant. I don't think its smart to take Tylenol PM or Benedryl if you have a small child to look after unless you have help.. In my case I don't ,so that stuff would make me sleep straight through a screaming and crying baby all night. Not good!
    Anonymous

• I have this same issue. But when I talked to my OBG they said that it was ok to take Tylenol Pm or Benadryl.. Benadryl is the main ingredient in Tylenol PM. they said to take it an hour befor you normally go to bed. I hope you can get some rest.. because I certainly understand what you are going through!! Good luck
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 11:40 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• sweetie I can definitly relate to what your going through I have four children and had that problem with them all. first, try drinking some warm tea at night decafe would be good. they actually have a tea called goodnight tea out there and it works. that should help you with your tossing and turning at night. As far as taking any meds to help I'm not sure I would talk to your doctor about that one.During the day of course your going to be tired. pregnancy can be very tiring even in the first couple of months. just try to take it easy and remember you and the baby are first right now until you should deliver. so take care of yourself...
    crazy8

Answer by crazy8 at 7:17 AM on Jul. 26, 2009