I am freaked out can someone help. I am filing bankuptcy and I got all my account numbers from this one?

one collection agency today I get called from them and ask them for my account numbers just to be sure and they gave me diffrent account numbers and the supervisor told me to make sure I have the right account numbers. I got 2 out of the 3 account numbers from my credit report and the last one they gave me. Do collection agencies have like 3 or 4 account numbers to the same person? I would think it was just one because the supervisor gave me some account numbers and then someone else gave me diffrent account numbers from the collection agency.
Its Aargon collection agency btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't know. Call them again. Tell them you want to check things over. Do you have a lawyer? I would suggest getting a lawyer that specialises in bankruptcy. Good luck.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:31 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• When you file bankruptcy, they actually have to see a piece of paper from the collection agency or they will get in touch with them somehow... trust me, they don't take your WORD for it anyway.
    Anonymous

• when I filed for chapter 7 I got all my account numbers from the reports, I got a copy of my report from all 3 of the credit berues, then I looked through everything cuz somethimes same credit card had diferent or more then one account and I wrote all of them down, I have never called any agencies, and I knew I had other debts that were not on the reports I put those accounts down to.

I got my 3 free reports from http://www.frecreditscore.org/ and got go free anual report

just take your time and look through those reports and any other debts that you have so you don't miss anything

Anonymous

• I am a bankruptcy paralegal. I would ask you for every single bill or invoice or statement you received for credit cards, utilities, doctors, magazine subscriptions, collection agencies, everything. Then I would review all the documents and add everything to your schedules. If one collection agency had your name with different account numbers, I would add all the account #s given. Just make sure you give ALL the documents and numbers to your attorney.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 2:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2009