Do babies have nightmares???

This might seem like a silly question..
My son is 6 months old and about 3 weeks ago, he had 2 teeth come through. It's true that mommys can distinguish their babies cry, and sometimes he would wake up crying that HURT cry.. like his gums hurt..
but lately he's been waking up screaming, like hes scared.. and its not just him, others babies have been doing it too.. my sister who's 2, my friends baby who's 8 months old.. I just wonder if they're having nightmares and if any of you have experienced this with your own children?

Samanthao2006

Asked by Samanthao2006 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is going to be 2 months on monday and about a week ago, she screamed this high pitch scream like something was wrong. My dad and I ran in there to see if she was ok. To our surprise she was laying in the same spot as when I laid her down and was sound asleep. I believe they do have nightmares .. or maybe the angels that she plays with in her sleep told her something she didn't like!
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:30 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I would think so.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• yeah its so scary! but ive gotten a little used to it.. i could understand if a baby saw violence, or people arguing, because that can effect them, but my bf and i NEVER argue in front of him, so i know it cant be related to that..
    and about the angels.. its weird that you say that because the night we brought my son home from the hospital, we all went to sleep and this light up toy went off THREE separate times.. with no one touching it or even walking around! we say my grandma came and visited him.. and ive never seen ghosts or anything, &one night something(like a shadow..) came into the room and it looked like it petted my sons head(sounds freaky i know). but it didnt freak me out or anything..it was so calm.. it sounds weird.. and this definetly doesnt go along with the question, lol!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• LOL .. well my father and my grandfather both have died. And a very close friend of the family that I used to call grandpa died also. And they were all so goofy and crazy .. she will crack up laughing in her sleep and I just know it's them talking to her and playing with her in her dreams. I have never seen a ghost, but my brother has seen my father standing over him while he was sleeping and my mother experienced my father's ghost.
    It most likely is your grandmother, maybe she said something that hurt your son's feelings.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 12:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• oh yeah i definetly believe they come and visit in their sleep
    but thankfully, he didnt cry that night! lol! he actually slept pretty good..
    i asked my bf, what could they possibly have bad dreams of? the only painful things he has experienced is circumsicion, teething, and shots.. so sometimes i think maybe he pictures those nurses and the flourecent lighting and it jus gives him the creeps haha
    and my mom always says they dream about falling out of the womb! like they ever FELL out in the first place! lol
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• LOL .. falling out of the womb..that's cute.
    maybe his angels told him it was time for them to go away and he wasn't ready for them to leave him to sleep on his own yet. hehe! i don't know what they could have nightmares about, but i know my angel does. Not all the time but every once in a while.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 1:20 AM on Jul. 25, 2009