Do you have to have kids to join Cafe Mom?

what about my sister she is a dear Aunt to 4!? please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Well, the point of Cafemom is to share and get advice with moms, whether it be new mom up to grandma's. Or someone who has custody of a child. Or pregnant.
    Anonymous

• yes but why not let all women join? I think this is a little hard on ladies who never bare children,but love them!
    Anonymous

• I would welcome her. Especially if she's not immature, rude, or insulting.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Hi,

CafeMom is for moms and mom-to-be. If she is a mom or a mom-to-be she is welcomed to join.

|The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 7:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• The point of Cafemom is like another mom said for moms and moms to be to be able to talk and share advice. People who don't have kids can't usually relate to those who do have kids because they simply don't understand. I understand when someone is an aunt or family member they may have some experience with the kids but unless they have raised a child they will never truly understand nor be able to help in most situations.

That's just like the person who posted awhile back wondering if her son who was gay could join. There is really no reason for that. There are many other message boards for others that they could join if they just want to talk to other people.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I dont necessarily think that an Aunt can not join. I was 13 when I became an aunt. He lived with us (his grandparents and 2 aunts). We took care of him and not his mother. He considers me more of a mother than his own mother. So there are cases where an aunt would have questions. He is 15 now and although I am a mother now, that doesn't mean that I will never have to ask a question about him (thankfully he is a very well behaved, young man, but he wasn't always that way).
    Anonymous