adoption??? in n.c

i want my baby, but on the other hand im not sure if i can give it the life it deserves.... if i do decide to give it up for adoption i want to make sure i find good parents.. but i am having trouble finding any agencies around eden nc.. i know this is a hard desision i just want the best for my baby.. i am 18 weeks now... so i still have a little time.. please no bashing... this is hard enough as it is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• God bless you! Please keep YOUR baby dear! Do not let the govt. talk you out of it or any other person! love is all you need and God will provide! Baptist church
    Adoption is great but not if you want this baby, can you both live with an Aunt or something?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:41 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• if you want your baby that should be enough said, I would keep it. I did not want my baby when I was pregnant over a year ago but as soon as the midwife laid him on my chest seconds after he emerged from my body, I knew in that moment what love really is! sounds corny, does'nt it? i swear it is 100% true! I am not knocking you for looking into adoption, I am a product of adoption myself. I am all for it! But if you really want your baby, you will find a way to give it all it needs!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think it's very mature of you to consider your options and try to make the decision that is best for your baby versus what you want. Perhaps the two can combine, but only you can know. The primary responsibility of a parent is to provide for their child to the best of their ability. Sometimes the parent has all of the tools to do so. Sometimes not, and they should find the parents that can. Love means making sacrifices sometimes. As a parent, you may be asked to make the ultimate sacrifice for your child.

To fully consider your choices, I recommend you do some research at the various private adoption agencies in your area. Then do some research on attorneys who coordinate private adoptions. Be up front and honest about your desire to keep the baby, but that you would like to know more about the types of parents available. Also do some research about any assistance available should you keep your baby.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree with Busimommi.Also, you need to talk to the adoption agency and a therapist about this and also meet any adoptive parents. There is a 16 and pregnant episode where the parents give up the baby for adoption. You should watch it!
    Anonymous