Do you think its selfish to register for things such as car seats, swings, bouncers, bathtubs, bedding sets?

When I look at a persons registery I feel taken advatage of when they ask for such expensive things-
I think its the parents job to buy the NEEDED things and for a baby shower you should ask for diapers, bottles, blankets, pacis things of that nature.
whats your opnion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes it can be a little over-kill lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I have to agree with the OP. It was the parents that should purchase these items, they made the baby they should buy the bigger items for the child. I did go overboard with my nephew but that was my choice,as he was and is my only one.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• My opinion - that is what a registry is for. It is just a guide tho... Some people can't afford the 'necessities' on their own, or don't have their own parents to buy them for them. It is always your choice what to pick from the registry, if anything at all... some people just pick cute & fun things. That is ok too!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• It IS a little "over the top" sometimes I agree.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Lol not for my family. As im not a rich person and have little money for anything these days... My Family does, and this being the first Great Grandson.. well he is going to be a spoiled little booger! My Grandparents have already opted to by the Stroller and since the car seat comes with the stroller i get two in one lol. My Mother! Well this is her first grandchild... So She want to buy him a crib and a swing and bouncers and all this other stuff. We didnt ask for any of it. we could have saved money and gotten it, but im not going to say no to the stuff either. I think it just depends on who is going to buy the stuff
    Anonymous

• I registered for all of those things and actually got all of them too. Many friends went in on the gifts together. Baby registries are to register for items that you need and most people realize that they won't get everything they registered for and expect to buy whatever they need that they didn't recieve. This is my first child and the first grandchild in the family, so my fiance and I had absolutely NOTHING and had no one to borrow or get hand-me-downs from. People look at registries and buy what they want and can afford.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I put those things on my registry along with cheaper items so that people can buy whatever they can afford and then I would have a list of what I needed to buy after the baby shower!
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I don't think it's selfish to register for all those things. People have the option to purchase them or not. Or they can go in with others and purchase big gifts together. I was told by several people to register for the bigger things because they wanted to get them but wanted t make sure they got exactly what I wanted. I got every thing on my registry including all the "big things plus Someone bought us the complete set of nursery furniture for $1000.00. We also got over $3000.00 in cash & gift cards. It's never a bad idea to add everything. You never know what people will get you. And this was for our 3rd baby because it had been 14 yrs. since we had a baby.
    Anonymous

• If they ONLY have high-priced items on their registry, then I feel that's rude. Including everything allows people to see what they're needing. If you're looking to spend more than $20-$30, its helpful to know what big ticket stuff they haven't already purchased.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Sorry but if these parents can not afford these items they should not be having a child in the first place. Who will be buying the diapers and formula if they can't even afford a carseat?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2009