Did you purchase your childs carseat,crib,etc..

I was reading another post and was suprised by the amount of people that think it is ok to ask for these items. I bought these items myself and didn't expect anyone to buy them for me. I had a great turnout at my babyshower, over 14 years ago, but I never imagined asking for such items.

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thev only big thing I put on my register was a bathtub. My brother and his wife and kids got me a bouncer when I was in the hospital-which I didn't ask for. I bought his carseat and stroller and his crib when he was six months old. I also bought his high-chair. My mom bought a swing but it was at once upon a child so it wasn't expensive.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i was 18 and pregnant so of course i asked for that stuff. but only from my parents.
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 12:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I never asked for them but people bought them for me. I put them on my registery so that I had a list of what I wanted also.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 12:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I dont get why u think a bath tub is a big thing when it is so cheap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We bought all of the more expensive stuff like the crib and carseat and just registered for smaller things for the babyshower.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i asked for anything/everything why not.. if you got family that can easily afford it for ya.. why not!
    Anonymous

• Sara do you mean an actual tub or a baby tub?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• consignment shops can save money and in these hard times I would go easy on the asking. unless it is your extended family and they would love to help!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Nope didn't buy any of them. My mom offered to buy me all my baby room furniture for my baby shower present, friends all went in together and bought me a travel system, my grandmothers bought me a highchair and swing, and my fiance's parents bought us some other big items we needed. I registered for what I needed. Its not like I expected to get any of it, but I just put it on there anyways. Lucky for me I got almost everything I needed and didn't need to purchase too much more. I don't see the big deal. It's not like I only registered for expensive items and I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head making them buy things for me. If they didn't want to buy me an expensive item than they surely didn't have to. I would have bought it with my own money anyways if I didn't get it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't think putting things on your registry is necessarily asking for the items. Our son was our first, so we put everything we would need on our registry. Nothing extravagant or anything... just the necessities as well as diapers, wipes & such. Both my husband and I worked full time at the time, but knew when our son was born that I would stay home with him.

We registered for everything, expecting to buy for ourselves what we didn't get at our shower. We did not EXPECT anyone to provide anything for us.

We did end up purchasing our travel system (stroller/car seat) because we found an incredibly good deal (I am a bargain hunter). Our crib was shared in our family. The other furniture was also shared in our family. The nursery decor was my MIL's gift to us, she bought the bedding and made a lot of the accessories. The swing & high chair were purchased for us via our registry (friends went in together for them)
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2009