Is it strange for me to throw my future SIL a lingerie shower? I am a bridesmaid....

Just wondered if anyone thought it was weird b/c she is marrying my brother....and I would be giving her a lingerie shower....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it is weird. I mean you are all adults.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't think so. As long as you're somewhat close to her. If you hardly know the chick then I'd skip it, but if you guys are buddies and don't mind so much talking about the fact that she is having sex with your brother then why the hell not? I don't think it's weird at all, but I would bet that I am in the minority here.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• yes what about a kitchen shower? I mean it is your bro! a lil kinky???uh do not go there!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't think it's weird, either.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

PRUDE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I think it is a neat idea! Your brother and her will have sex you know and it would be fun to have a girly party for her. I have been to sex parties, where they sell toys and lingerie and they are quite fun!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I guess not... if you two are comfortable like that... but I mean, why does it have to be a lingerie shower?
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I guess before I'm called a prude, I will admit that I am one.... and it's not an insult to me.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

PRUDE!

LMAO. Ok thats some funny stuff right there.

Depends on your relationship with her. If you'd have no problem going to a girls night out party together normally i dont see why not. Its not like you're wearing the lingere for your brother or something you know. Ask your future sil what kind of party she'd like to have. She might not even like lingerie and might want a different kind of party (probably NOT kitchen crap though haha)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't think its weird because she is marrying your brother but let me tell you as a lady who has both had a lingerie party and been to many its kind of awkward. Its just so hard to pick out lingerie for a friend. I returned 99% of the lingerie at my party not because it wasn't beautiful but because it didn't fit, didn't flatter my not so cute areas, or just didn't work for me. I've been to several too and its so hard going to a store picking out lingerie for someone else. Its like hell you don't what she feels sexy in in the bedroom and its especially awkward if you're related to her (my cousins was super weird) and my mom had me blushing the whole time at mine. I'm no prude just saying the parties aren't for everyone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jul. 25, 2009