Do you (for everyone)

Do you look at your religion as having subjective evidence, or objective evidence, which helps you personally identify with it?

If you feel it has objective evidence, can you explain how?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My beliefs are completely subjective. I formed them based on my own experiences, and they are therefore colored by my personality and the events that have shaped my life. I think that everyone's beliefs are subjective, otherwise they wouldn't be so personal or mean so much to us. We see the world as we are, not as it is.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• truth is truth is truth is truth
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree - truth is truth... I believe my God has been scientifically proven over & over again!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• that doesn't answer the question at all. Are your believes Subjective or Objective? If they are Objective.. can you explain how you see it as such?

Do either of you even know the difference?
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I believe there is both. Objectively the accuracy with which the Bible and secular history match is an example. However, God isn't in the business of proving Himself to humans through human methods of science.

Subjectively, I know what my heart, mind and experiences have been. I know what I have seen in other people's lives, both the good and the bad.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• thankfully, some people that actually understand the questions...

thank you ati and teamquinn
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2009