Have you used the DVD homeschooling?

I think it's Abeka. How does it work? Does it work? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in

• Abeka is a homeschooling curriculum sold by a private publisher. I have heard it is expensive, but I don't even know what that's compared to.

That is the end of the information I have on the subject, because although both my kids homeschooled the whole way through, we never paid for curriculum. We bought random workbooks from time to time, but having read the public school curriculum I decided that it was too stupid to follow and just didn't bother.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I've used the DVD's from Abeka. My kids loved them! It is actually a recording of every day in the classroom at Abeka Academy. The teachers explain concepts, ask questions of the children in the classroom and the children viewing the video, and then the parent is responsible for administering tests & quizzes. They are expensive, around $900 to $1100 for a year per child, but that also includes all necessary books and test booklets and shipping of the DVD's (you don't get to keep the DVDs.)  The only reason I don't do it right now is because of finances, but my oldest tween will start it again for 8th grade and continue on through high school, as will the others.

Abeka also has internet streaming video now, so you don't even need the DVDs, just a computer. It's the same thing and costs $100 less. Here's a link

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• nope, we're secular eclectic homeschoolers and an atheist family.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009