Im almost 34 weeks prego. and I was sick all day today and my baby girl hasnt moved since last tuesday morning. and i went to the er the other day and they said she was fine,cause she was moving and her heart beat was really good. Is the reason why she aint moving because she is sleeping and weigh in the back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Babies do slow down movement preparing for birth. Did the e r tell you the length of time that's about normal for no movement to be felt? If not you should call your ob.

And you should call him anyway with your e r records so he knows what happened. Ask your ob also for his opinion on amount of time without movement that's normal. If there's really concern of alck of movement he'll bring you in frequently for testing or ohter testing or he'll have to wear a holter movement belt that self monitors baby's movement and gets records of movements or lack of called in to ob's office. Feel Better Mommy!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You have felt NO movement since Tuesday? If that is the case that is NOT normal and you need to call your OB right away. Babies do slow down their movements towards the end but I am 38 weeks and have never gone 1 day without feeling my little boy move at least a handful of times throughout the day. You are supposed to feel at least 10 movements within an hour, and definitely 10 movements within 2 hours. If you aren't falling into that category, you need to call your doctor right away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• try drinking something or eating to see if she moves some. Are you moving around alot? I would put mine to sleep by going for a walk...so lay down and relax..and drink water.Anytime you are not sure about something...call your OB..esp in the 3rd Trimester.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 1:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Eat something high in protein or drink something with a little caffeine and then lie on your left side. Wait for 30 min. if you still feel no movement or very very minimal movement...call your OB and ask them what they suggest you do. This always works for me when baby is being lazy or I'm worried. The protein and/or caffeine should stir up some movement. Remember, only minimal caffeine as it is not recommended in large quantities while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my little girl was the same way..she didn't move much but when she did oh my gosh i felt it especially when she kicked..it's ok of it theres little to no movement as long as it doesn't last to long..a week is a little longer than normal but as long as they took a sono and said you are fine then you should be fine but you should still follow up with your ob to be safe..also when this would happen to me i would eat eggs with a little tobasco sauce not to much because it can you and the baby heartburn..but just sprinkle a little on the eggs or anything and it would wake her right up then she move a bit till she fell back to sleep..also do you walk alot or stand alot because if so then she's probably sleeping ,babies in the tummy find it very soothing, they are rocked back and forth in the womb and it causes them to calm down not always but often...try sitting and standing a few times..slowly of course..this may help
    ari_baby

Answer by ari_baby at 1:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2009