eggs and mores who else saves money by eating eggs a lot?

how do you make egg stuff like egg salad ingredients?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We have chickens and eat eggs A LOT. We have omlettes and scrambled eggs, french toast and quiche. We add eggs to ramen and also to stir fry.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I eat cereal to save money. Cold cereal or I buy the good Quaker Oats flavored envelopes on sale and can even eat without milk if we don't have any. I'll not eat much so I can buy something I want or so my son can have more food.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 1:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:35 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My family can go through 3 dozen eggs a week. We like omelets, fried eggs, hard boiled eggs, egg salad , eggs on english muffins, etc. Egg salad is pretty much chopped hard boiled eggs with mayo or Miracle Whip, maybe mustard and a bit of sweet relish or celery seed added.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• We eat eggs, but not that much; there is a cost to having high cholesterol. "egg salad" made with tofu is much healthier, and not really more expensive. When I do make egg salad with eggs, I use hummus instead of mayonaise.

Eat more beans and lentils (use dried); eggs don't have any fiber; beans and lentils are loaded with protein, fiber, calcium, etc. Contact me offlist if you would like some recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 9:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I like eggs, but I don't eat them because they are so fattening and have such high cholesterol. I buy egg beaters and use them in recipes or as scrambled eggs, which taste the same to me.

rkoloms, how is that tofu salad? Is it easy to make?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't care for eggs except in a fritatta. We have a fritatta for dinner at least once per week.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Just thought of something else (Kinda of) Breakfast for dinner. I do this alot and it really saves money. If I have the sausage I do that, of course but if not a very cheap dinner is french toast or just scrambled eggs and toast.

Did you need a recipe for egg salad? I don't really have a recipe but I chop the eggs and add mayo and pickle relish with some salt and pepper.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009