Hey everyone!! I just wanted to know if ya had any advice on how to take away the pacifier?? My girls are addicted to them but its time to give them up!! Plzzzz help!!!

Sasha1030

Asked by Sasha1030 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I heard the best advice is cutting off the tip. That's what I'm going to do when I take my sons. Soon, very soon. lol
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Dont have a baby yet, 3 more months!! but my mom left ours at my uncles friends house and we had to suck it up lol but she just blamed it on that so we wouldnt be mad at her lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Quick and dirty girl!!! Just take them away and suffer for about a week.. then they should be over it. it worked for me. Good Luck!
    jchris

Answer by jchris at 1:35 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Well Im not a mommie yet but I was guardian for my cousin and I hated his pacifiers so I just threw them all away one day. He actually forgot about them cuz I did it when he was asleep and I soon realised he only wanted them when he saw them.

Maybe just throwing them away will force her to deal without them but then again I wasnt trying to be compassionate so maybe not
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Snip the tip. Every couple days snip off a little more. It gets shorted and has less suction. They lose interest.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• mine was addicted to them and one day he just forgot about it he was 8 mo old at the time never really cared or them ever agin,, but as for you you can have a going away party or where you pass em on to a baby or cut the tips thats funny, long story short she'll outgrow it eventually so it's only a matter of time, good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 1:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I took mine away at 18 months... told her she doesn't get them anymore and that was that! She cried for 3 days! I did get a stuffed animal she loved at the store 3 days before so she built an attachment...

GL!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree with the others on cutting off the tip..They seem to not want it anymore as much because they cannot suck on it as much.. Or hide it or leave it somewhere and tell them it went bye bye..But whatever you do,do not give in!! It will be the most long, and painful week but eventually it will work and you will then be happy no more paci!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Take it away. It's over in a couple of days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• By the time they are walking, the pacifier should disappear

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2009