psoriasis?

my husband has psoriasis and we don't have good enough insurance to get the really good stuff. in fact some products work the first time around very good but the second time they loose that potency. well we buy this stuff from mexico cause my mother lives there and when she comes and goes we have her bring some in. it's work according to him but honestly it doesn't clear up. i think what works is that it doesn't itch. anyway before i married him i was lucky enough to win a psoriasis lamp-ebay, which he didn't use for months and he would complain about his skin and such. well it made me feel like it's your fault cause you don't use the lamp. which is considered the best way to cure it. it did his boss. my question is regarding this lamp.

does anyone know how often to use it and for how long?

he used it 1 week almost every night. it burned his skin a bit once & it made him itch more. i thought that was a sign it's healin

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Health

• You can probably find an answer here...it's a link to the NPF (National Psoriasis Foundation)
    http://www.psoriasis.org/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=420 this page is about light treatments.
    Stickmom

Answer by Stickmom at 3:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2009