What do you think of the name Braxton Dallas?

I like it alot! I live in Texas near Dallas and I just like it! If you dont, a simple no would be nice. Not in the mood for bashing tonight please!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 1:53 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im naming my baby Bair if it makes you feel any better, if what anon :56 said is true. A lot of people think its cute, some have an expression like WOW on their face, others warm up. so no matter what if you like the name thats all that counts.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Its cute

unique, Not many Braxtons around here

But i like it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• If you know that so many people don't like it why do you keep asking the question? Not bashing, just wondering. I mean I have seen you complain that no one like the name you have chosen for your baby. Why keep harping on it?
    If you like the name, then name your kid that. Who cares what others think!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=BRAXTON&ms=true&sw=m&exact=true

According to this site, it was the 202nd most popular boys name in 2008. If you like it go for it.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I like Braxton, I have only ever known one Dallas and it was a girl so I personally associate it with a female name. But I'm sitting here thinking it over, and it sounds really nice. What would you call him for short? If you are using a middle name I mean. Some people don't. I don't have a nick name for my son. lol. I was just thinking about Brax, or something for short. That's cute too. Not an extremely common name either. Which I can't seem to stay away from. Every name I like, or love is way to popular, or I change my mind. (sighs) but we are trying to decide two names, because we aren't finding out the sex.. So far that is the hardest part. lol.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Oops I meant if your using a nick name, not a middle name.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• hmmm love Dallas, Braxton I'm not sure about. Jessup Dallas? Jessa Dallas? Justine Dallas? Josiah Dallas? Congratulations Mommy!!! Do you know baby's sex? It's so hard to decide on a name. My cousin and his wife waited three weeks, no lie, to name their daughter!!!! You will find a name that's just perfect for your baby. Enjoy yourself!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Well anon156 I was JW if anyone liked the middle name but it sounds better with Braxton in front of it but thanks for keeping tabs on my life! wow.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Dallas is cute, I wanted to name a daughter Dallas, but DH said it would have to be a boy's name. Braxton--well I personally don't like that as well, makes me think of Braxton-Hicks contractions: false labor. But if you like the name, go for it, it's YOUR baby and this is one thing that you and DH get to do and it doesn't matter what ANYBODY else in the whole world thinks!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• K anon 201 I will just name him John Smith ok! Geeze! Snarky comments are not welcome! And, if everyone had the same plain jane names, how would you remember everyone? you would have to used last names all the time! HMM, I know 12 Johns, 14 mikes 48 joes and 37 dans. BORING!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:06 AM on Jul. 25, 2009