• In the Spotlight:

looks like scabs on my nipples!! help!

okay so i had this with my daughter and left it alon this pregnancy i noticed it more and i noticed thast when im in the shower and scrub around my nipples some of them fall off! is this like dried milk? Im 38 weeks pregnant and i figured it just came off and i was trying to get more of them off and now by nipples hurt very badly! feels like i ripped off part of my nipple prob cause they are so sensitive, but this wont put the baby into shock will it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what it is but when I was preggo I had the same thing and I tried peeling them off and it hurt so I just left them alone. I had them after I gave birth and when I brestfed and pumped they were there since I've stopped brestfeeding and pumping they cleared out.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Why am I NOT getting any drips on my nipples? Not even scabs or dried up anything. I'm probably not able to produce milk. I wanted to do it at least a month and then switch to formula. I don't have time to be pumping milk. No, no. Not for me.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 4:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Your nipples are probably just dry from pregnancy. You can apply some nipple cream (found with breast feeding supplies) to help keep them from getting too dry and they should heal before baby is born.

Shamerika, just because you don't have any drips does not mean that you will not produce milk. Some women leak while pregnant and some don't. You won't be able to guage your milk production until after you baby is born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jul. 25, 2009