Who has a husband who is not helpful around the house?

Sometime I feel as if I had enough. If feel as if I'm a maid having to do everything. It's been exhausting and annoying please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine is deployed... but when he's home he's either working or sleeping..... I stay at home and his only chore is taking the garbage out. Sometimes he helps me cook but that is rare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I do. Sometimes I watch the show Wife Swap and think to myself ..."I wish I could go on there because when I came home, he would know just how much I do and appreciate me a little more."
    Talk to him (I'm sure you already have). Go to counseling. I really don't know because I am in the same boat. Good luck and keep your chin up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I have the same. I mean my husband works 10 hours a day and i stay at home with a toddler. He's a welder so he works out in the heat all day long doin heavy work....but i feel like he SHOULD spend some time with our daughter when he gets home and give me a break. But then i also feel im being unfair because he makes the money..... i have conflicting emotions on this subject...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• annon 2:58 he makes the money but you run the house hold and trust me that is a never ending job and extremely unapreciated, I don't care if they work and make a paycheck they need to help, my hubby works 10-12 hour shift and hard ass work he comes home beat and he still helps me with the kids and gives me breaks, tell your men to get off there butts and help you, I'm sorry you girl going through this
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• yes I do and mine only works 10 to 15 hours a week. pathetic right?
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I feel the same way too. I have all these kids and a husband and pets and when I can't take it any more I drop hints...no one listens...so sometimes I have to get a little ugly and then my hubby will reluctantly help me. A clean house etc is just not as important to him as it is to me. I try to get the kids to help me sometimes and explain that it is good to be clean. I want my sons to grow up to be helpful to their wives because it is hard.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 3:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• The majority of us are in that boat with you.
    My hubby works long days, sometimes 7 days a week and he shouldn't have to come home and clean house and cook, as well as laundry too. Where I went wrong was not making the kids pick up after themselves when they were younger. I was speeding thru trying to get things done so I did their share too. I say we all band together, make our kids start picking up after themselves (trash in the trash, dishes in the sink and books back on shelves, toys back in toybox or atleast in their rooms, laundry in hampers in their bathrooms/bedrooms) and that alone would make our jobs a lot easier. After a couple of weeks of consistancy the hard work will pay off. If your hubby doesn't put his dishes in the sink, trash in the trash... stop buying the snacks that you find the wrappers around the house, start using paper plates (and recycle) till they figure out we're serious.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Mine helps me if I state that I need help. We had to learn that if you don't state your need, guys can't read your mind. You're going to need to explain how your feeling and divide responsiblities. If you don't then you can't fault the man for not helping. Some men, ok most men need the wives to say what they want. Most don't just know and clean. Especially if they would like to get out of it. They will continue to not help around the house if you don't speak up! good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:55 PM on Jul. 27, 2009