Do you believe in a higher power?

If so, do you believe in one supreme being, much like God or Allah? Do you believe in multiple supreme beings who are controlled by a "head" god? Or do you believe all gods/esses are equal in power?

If you don't believe in a higher power, did you ever, or do you think you ever will again?

momof9_slc

Asked by momof9_slc at 7:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in one God. He is the only man for me. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:02 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I believe in one, true, Almighty God. However, I also believe that this God is the same God as in most every religion across the world. I believe the God I worship is Allah, is Ra, is Oden, is Zeus, (etc) just by many different names and stories that have been passed down through different cultures.

My God is a loving, caring, supportive God. Not one who hates or destroys. He's the only God, who in my mind, makes sense.
    jacksmom27

Answer by jacksmom27 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I believe in G-D. , but I believe in Spirituality too.. It is more than religion, it is believing in G-D for all your needs, and to be grateful each day for the wonderful things, sad things, life being life things!!
    purplemara3

Answer by purplemara3 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• There is a higher power. But it is not one entity or being. Perhaps a counsel of angels.
    Anonymous

• I believe in a triune God.
    FriendlyJas

Answer by FriendlyJas at 9:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I absolutely believe in God. Looking at the world around me, I see God's fingerprints all over the place.
    The way my child has grown and developed since he was born (he's 31 months) is proof enough to me that there is a God and He is good!!! :-)
    Andrewsmom70

Answer by Andrewsmom70 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, the creater of Heaven and Earth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I belive and know that I know that there is God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are all part of the same with God as the God Head. They have all been together since the beginning of time and have different jobs. God gave us the Holy Spirit to be on earth and dwell with and in us after Jesus went back up to be with His Father. God set the Angels to watch over us and protect us.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Yes I believe in one God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus. The Holy Trinity.
    6IrishKiddos

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 2:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• A higher power probably means many different things to different people. I believe my higher power is GOD. I also believe that most religions believe in the same GOD. Only man has made different rules based on culture, making the way we praise him different.
    whisperz_2004

Answer by whisperz_2004 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008