Food stamp question?

If you have money left from the last month will it roll over to the next month and so on? do you have a set time you have to spend it all.? Thanks God bless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes it rolls over and no you do not have to spend it in any set amount of time.
    Stickmom

Answer by Stickmom at 3:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm pretty sure it rolls over.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I wish I had a rollover account of free food. Sorry OP, I was just wishing out loud.
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 4:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Perhaps you should be thankful that you're not in a situation where you fit the "level of need" necessary for your state to award you such an account.

All you ladies harshing on PA (around cafemom) really should just get over it. Not everyone is using PA selfishly.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 4:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Yes, and No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Uhh, MamaSueCongdon....., I do fit that level. But I figured this out a few months ago, If I can afford the internet and still be able to buy eggs. milk and veggies then why should a mom who is on food stamps be able to afford the same as I can but I work??
    Mamasita98

Answer by Mamasita98 at 5:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• It probably depends on your state. As far as I know, they do roll over month to month, but expire after a year.
    AngieG.

Answer by AngieG. at 9:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my roll over from moth to month but i usally only have less then 100 dollars at the end of the of the month
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• In our State it rolls over. I have A Needy Senoir/Disabled Brother. He gets A Whopping $10.00 per month to Survive! He basically lives on Bread & Water.. Unless We give him some Food! My DH & I are jobless so now its hard to drive to his City & share what we have! He tries to let his $10.00 per mo. Build up until he can Actually get something. Since I also do his shopping I have A Food Share Card in my Name for Him. You use it like A credit Card. However there's been times it didn't work! Its very Embarassing & humiliating. People Look Down on me.. Whisper means Things Etc.. But Yes it does roll over.. But only for so long or you will get A solding letter to use it. But I'm just his Agent & I shop for him since he's home bound & can't go any where! As needy As he is. I think he should get more! He owns & has Nothing! A Broken Walker! 2 years in A Row the Salvation Army would'nt Deliver his Christmas Holiday Food Basket !
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

* Mamasita98

------------------

Your sentences are confusing, and I'm not sure what point are you trying to make? That people on food stamps aren't working? Because most of them are working. I don't personally receive food stamps, but I know people who have been on them and all of them had jobs. Their jobs just weren't paying all of the bills and they'd get to a point where they had to choose between buying their children the clothes they need (need, not want), paying utilities, or buying food.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 5:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009