Odd but funny and gross

Ok so i recently got a kitten :-) its so cute. but anywho has any one ever smelled something totally wrong that made you hungry while pregnant? I was feeding my cat midnight and his canned food actually made me hungry. Is that even normal? haha

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think i can see what your saying, i mean if it was canned food it probably smelled like beef stew or something along those lines. .. then yes i think i would get hungry. especially being pregnant...i do the weirdest things now!
    Jmain8

Answer by Jmain8 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't know about your cat food but the canned food we give Mookie totally stinks!
    But when I was pregnant my grandmother went through this phase where she cooked nothing but cabbage. It's an awful smell, but it always made me hungry for meatloaf and mushroom gravy.
    zava_t

Answer by zava_t at 5:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Gross! I can't even stand the smell of my cats canned cat food...mostly if its anything dealing with fish. Ugh. Makes me wanna puke just thinking of it. You were probably just hungry.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 7:56 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• you know you guys arent supposed to even be near cats they carry dander wich is bad for you an your un born child plus the kitty box you guys are nuts cat food would never make me hungry maybe more like gag this question is the weirdest of them all!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• its not from their dander, i dont have any clue how to spell it but its from the cat poop. your not suppose to change the litter box.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 8:35 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• its called toxoplasmosis ur cat can have it exspeacially ifit goes out side and digging in a garden can leave u exsposed to it since u dont know where the out side cats do their bussiness. if ur cat is inside only thenu can take it to the vet and have them tested for it but i had cats during my preg ad changed their little boxes and my dd if fine
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 9:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm 40 wks and I do NOT change my inside-cat's litter box. She is taken a bath every month and she has been acting strange lately. She kinda gets moody with me. When I try and grab her, she meows like to leave her alone. When I tell her to get off the counter (I point down) she usually gets off and lately she like waves her paw like to scratch me. That b*tch. LOL. But yeah, canned food grosses me out right now.
    Shamerika

Answer by Shamerika at 10:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My boyfriend works in a slaughterhouse, and his work has always always smelled terrible to me (since I was a little girl), but since I have been pregnant, it makes me hungry. I do know have any clue why, but for some reason, that rancid smell makes me wanna eat. Strange, I know. Oh, and ohmama is, in fact, an idiot.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 1:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2009