what do you say to strangers who get to close to your child or touch them?

like in the store or at the park, Im okay with looking just not touching her or breathing in her face :)

aubreyjadasmom

Asked by aubreyjadasmom at 7:06 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't have a stroller for the first 2 months and always held her so people never got really close. I also never "stopped" just slowed down so they can get a quick peak but nothing more! LOL I guess I was kind of mean but she was heavy after carrying her the same way for 30+ mins with my c section pain!! now she is 20 mos old!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Not very many people touch my kids. The ones who usually do are other kids how comment on how cute my 6 month olds cheeks are or her tiny feet. I guess I just don't mind when little kids want to admire her lol. The last one jiggled her chin flub lol.

If I want people to leave her alone I just put her in a wrap. Then people have to be in my face to be in her face. All you have to do is politely say Please don't touch my baby.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 9:28 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I didn't use a stroller for the first 8 months, so people didn't touch my kid. IF people touched her feet, I didn't(don't) mind, cause she doesn't stick those in her mouth. But I pull her back if they go for the hands or face. If the insist on touching her then I ask(tell) them not to.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Man, use a carrier (her body facing me) and people still put their hands on her all the time! I wish I were more able to be rude and just say don't do that.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i try to be funny and nice like "hey dont touch the merchandise" but sometimes i just want to ask people "why in the heck they would you think its okay to touch my infant ? " I feel like Im always on the defense if i go anywhere with her, but you know what not one mom with a kid has ever bothered me they usually just look at me smile and nod like we know what eachother is going through:)
    aubreyjadasmom

Answer by aubreyjadasmom at 9:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• I just say "please don't touch her", it happens to me ALL the time! If they ask why just say because you never know who has the swine flu. You can't argue with that!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2009