Why ask the question; "WHY DOESN'T GOD DO SOMETHING?"

God hasn’t left you to your circumstances. He has given you the power to chose new paths and do affirming things. Is God urging you to “do something”?

bloodbought

Asked by bloodbought at 7:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Answered at 7:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 by: Koukla12905
    ~~~~
    yes these things are awful and they ought not happen. God is not doing it.
    Perhaps if God was the Savior over in these places they would end.
    That is my big gripe here in this country right now. Everyone is so willing to shove the Savior out as fast as they can. Without His watchful eye and His love for us here; we would be just as bad off as them.
    The bad things happen to the just and the unjust and the consequences can be just as bad; however, God is welcome where He is welcome and pushed out where He is not welcome.
    Prayer changes things.
    I pray for these countries every day and that God will make a way for this to end.
    He is not happy when these things happen. ALL of us are called His children.
    Pray about it. Prayer moves the hand of God.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Worry is a killer. Anxiety is a thief. Fear is a betrayer. Worry kills peace of mind, anxiety steals tranquility from the heart, and fear betrays both courage and hope. Yet someone would have to be a fool not to recognize that our world is filled with menacing and scary things! Right? So why doesn’t God do something?

Terrorism is at work of late on every continent of our world. There are injustices perpetrated in public view practically every day. The persistent threat of things such as poverty, hunger, disease, and pain can drive one to the very brink of despair. So what is God’s response to all these hazards?

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• In a commencement address at Pepperdine University School of Law last year, Michael Josephson told of a young man who was about to give way to despair in the face of life’s dark side. He went to a place of worship and prayed: “Oh, Lord! I don’t understand. How can you allow all this injustice, pain, and cruelty and do nothing?” Sensing no reply, he repeated his lament in an audible voice. “God, how can you do nothing?”

Then he heard a tiny voice from somewhere behind him. It said, “God didn’t do nothing.’ He made you!”

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• And that is God’s word to and about you today. He put you here to make a difference in this imperfect and too often sinister environment. It isn’t someone else’s problem to address. It’s my problem. And yours. God will turn us into his instruments and do something to make things better if we will cooperate.

bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 7:40 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Whatever.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I don't ask God to do anything...something comes up, I handle it.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Why are you 2 in this question on religion and belief if you do not believe and can do all on your own?
    thank you bloodbought for the question and I do believe that God does something all the time. we just need to listen and hear what He is doing and saying in our lives.
    yes we are here for a reason and that reason is to love Him and show others that we do have a God that cares enough to open doors and fix things when we error.
    Have a good and blessed day.
    walkswithjesus

Answer by walkswithjesus at 8:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You really shouldn't make assumptions about people and their faith, you are likely to be wrong most of the time.

I am not Christian but that does not mean I do not have faith and just because I have faith does not mean I call on God to fix my problems.

And, I am here because I can be. This is a public forum for people to post their opinions. I am doing so, thank you.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 9:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Ok fine, "god made me". I'm sure that's a huge condolance to the girls in Kenya getting their clitorisis cut off, or the women in Ghana being gang-raped, or the women in China getting forced abortions and sterilizations while their husbands are taken to jail and beaten because they tried to have more children. I'll bet all the beaten, molested, and starving kids in the world are really impressed that god made us. Now, when I make a child, isn't it my responsibility to ensure that the child is warm, fed, healthy, and happy? If I don't, I'm a bad, negligent parent. So why is it okay that god "made" us and doesn't ensure that ALL of us are warm, fed, healthy and happy? I'd be thrown in jail for neglecting my children, but this god of yours is worshipped?
    Get your head out of the sand. Life sucks for some people, and it isn't fair. THAT is what I mean when I ask why he isn't "doing something".
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• He has given you the power to chose new paths and do affirming things THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DO.

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009