No crying sleep solution?

I asked a question yesterday about crying it out for sleep issues, however someone suggested the no cry sleep solution, its sounded good considering i wasn't crazy about letting him cio. I was wondering if anyone read the book and if it really works. If so i'll buy the book.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Check it out of the library

Answer by rkoloms at 9:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• There are also books on attatchment parenting that cover the no crying. Dr. Sears is the most well known on attatchment parenting. I guess it works out all right. Personally I was in the mixed catagory of cry for a little while but then go in to reassure without taking him out of the crib. I wanted him to be able to self soothe - to a point. He needed to know I was there for him. Best advice I got to give: read several parenting books, take what makes sense to you, and scrap the rest. Also try Sleep Wise.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Its not a fast solution. I got it and followed some things and got my son to finally sleep thru the night. But it is a book for somebody with patience.
    Anonymous