36 weeks and 1/2 pregnant..lots of presure and pain

i am 36 weeks and 1/2 ..I been feeling lately lots of presure down my pelvis..my belly get hard and its kind of hard to breath..a little of "extra bowel movements" and just cant see to be confortable in any position..i need to be drinkin water and eatin ice...i dont kow it feels good..
i any of this signs of early labor
Thank yu
I would really apreciated lots of anwers..im dying in here..yu ppl know what I mean

nancygr

Asked by nancygr at 9:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like baby has dropped. The extra wight on your pelvis is cause for your discomfort, however, it does not mean that labor is any time soon. Most first times mom can have the baby drop a month before labor starts, yet not as common in subsequent pregnancy but still possible.

You can also be having practice contractions, they will help prepare your uterus for labor. While this stage in pregnancy is not comfortable, just remember these are part of the natural process which brings you closer to holding your baby.

If you are concerned, never hesitate to call your midwife or doctor.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm 36 wks 2 days and I've been having the same issues. The Braxton Hicks aren't so bad now, but the pressure is steadily increasing and every once in a while I get a sharp "cramp" feeling. I would mention it to your doctor/midwife next time you go though, they can check to see if your baby has dropped any.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2009