When do you know when its time to divorce? Was it worth it?

Having troubles looking for some points of view And what if you are broke? I work fulltime but don't have a saving account. I have been married 20 years and have 2 kids 19 & 14

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• And no I don't want to live off him, and his money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Once I left an abusive husband with my baby girl. I had nothing, although my mom did help me out. I have to give her that. Do you have any other family that cares about what you want? I have been divorced but now married 13 years and it's working for me.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Have you tried counseling? Perhaps this would help you and him take a look at your marriage and work on fixing what isn't working. You don't say what is going on, and it isn't any of our business, but sometimes things can be worked out if both partners want it.

Answer by Bmat at 9:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I am in the same boat sort of. I am trying to figure out when divorce is right as well. If you get a good answer, let me know.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• when the bad outweighs the good (and there is no sign of change) is when I leave. Call Legal Aid.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I knew when my 3 year old son starting telling my ex husband to "stop yelling at mommy." A child should never feel like he needs to protect his parent, so I grew up and got out. We went to a marriage counselor and in a 2nd session with just me, she also told me I needed to get out - he was too controlling and emotionally abusive.
    OMG YES, it was SO worth it!!! I am now married to a man who loves me and would do anything for me. I never knew marriage could be so incredible.
    As far as money - I planned my date to leave for about 5 months. I was a SAHM and had no access to $$, so I started putting a little aside whenever I could. I would tell him I needed $50 to get a haircut and then instead I'd go to Cost Cutters and save the extra $35, I would tell him I needed $150 for groceries and then put some of that aside. I got a job and my own place and didn't tell him til one week before I left.

Answer by missanc at 12:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009