Tubal ligation

I am thinking of getting my tubes tied after I give birth to my 3rd child in January. I have researched most of my options and think that this is the most sure fire way to prevent pregnancy for me. Anyway, I just want to hear experiences from women who have had or know someone who has had this done. Anything at all, how the procedure went, any side effects, any important information.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Health

• My tubal was done during my section too. There was no additional pain for me. My ob though did it included in the cost of my section when actually it was supposed to be an extra cost. My insurance company said I had to go back into the o r after my section because they wouldn't pay for those two operations at the same time. So my ob said screw them and he did it for free. The insurance company never caught on that I had it done but I read my records so I know I did. Make sure it will be covered under your circumstances.

A friend of mine had a vaginal delivery and a tubal and she had to go back in to the o r after her baby was born. They wouldn't do her tubal immediately after her vaginal delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I had mine done 2 months ago during my c-section, I have had no pain or problems so far. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i had mine done a little over 4 yrs ago during my c-section. the biggest problem i have had is my periods are irregular and can be very heavy and clotty.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I am not getting mine done but I m getting fixed. I am getting the Essure procedure done in a few months.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2009