Have you read the book Glenn Back's Common Sense?

If you have what did you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes! And he is ABSOLUTELY correct! We are so "micromanaged" these days people have difficulty making a simple decision without consulting a half dozen people first! I think those hardest hit are those under the age of 30! SOME of them have done well and use good common sense--but that is a credit to the parents who raised them.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I haven't read it yet. Its on order at the library for me. I know its wildly popular.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Hmmm sure haven't guess it is another for my list.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• There is nothing common about sense anymore. Glenn Beck talking about common sense is like a politician talking about honesty
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

baaaaa!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Op, I haven't read it yet.  I have about 3 books I am currently working on, but my mil just finished it and I hope to read it here in a few weeks.  Good?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

Wow Sweet, so you are a one sided view kinda girl, huh?.. Isn't that called ..hrmmmm, what's the phrase...???? Ohh yea, NARROW MINDED?Interesting.... Even I read liberal leaning books to gain understanding, perspective, and get a better idea of the thought process of other sides of politics. Ohh well to each their own I suppose.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Wow Sweet, so you are a one sided view kinda girl, huh?..

In what way in that one sided? I said politician, not republican.....ALL politicains LIE

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Wow Sweet, so you are a one sided view kinda girl, huh?.. Isn't that called ..hrmmmm, what's the phrase...???? Ohh yea, NARROW MINDED?Interesting.... Even I read liberal leaning books to gain understanding, perspective, and get a better idea of the thought process of other sides of politics. Ohh well to each their own I suppose.

Oh then you should read Al Frankens book, it was AWESOME and had lots of facts in it. and the greast story ever sold, the rise and fall of the truth by Frank Rich
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• First Glenn Beck is NOT a Republican. Second, I would just have thought you would be more objective to all views of politics before you make a judgement on a book.  That's all... But your first answer pretty much summed it up. Thanks!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009