braxton hicks?

i am 35 wks and think i might be having braxton hicks i thought you felt them all over. with my first child i felt them all in my back this time its diff. they only happen while at work or after getting home from work i get an off and on crampy feeling in my left side just wondering if it is probably braxton hicks or just the way the baby is sitting. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well your never suppose to feel BH in your back..so i dont know where you got that idea from, usually your stomach will just tighten and losen they dont hurt for the most part, but in this case it's most likely the baby sitting funny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• anon sorry correction most of my bh were in my stomach i did however have some contractions about a wk or so before my son was born and they were all in my back i ended up having back labor so all my real contractions i felt in my sides and back not my stomach!
    kaszilynn88

Answer by kaszilynn88 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Braxton Hicks contractions often start as a result of specific triggers. Common triggers include:
    •physical activity or exertion
    •sexual intercourse
    •dehydration
    •touching your abdomen
    •your baby moving inside your uterus
    Braxton Hicks contractions feel differently for each woman. Some find that they are not bothered by these contractions, while others feel very uncomfortable. Typically, Braxton Hicks contractions are described as causing more discomfort than pain. Frequent Braxton Hicks contractions can also be uncomfortable, but not painful. However, strong Braxton Hicks contractions can occur as you approach the end of the third trimester When you feel a Braxton Hicks contraction coming on, place your hand on your lower abdomen. Your stomach should feel rigid and hard because of the muscles that are tightening in your uterus. This should only last for a few minutes.
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You may feel some pain or discomfort in the center of your belly, which then radiates downwards.
    freshly.married

• I had the hardening of one side of my uterus late in my pregnancy too. It's normal.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2009