Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex-husband kicked my minor child out of the house last week. He now is with me. I don't have the money to retain an attorney and the state says I make too much money for asstances. Does anyone have any advice or info they could forward on to me? I have to get him back into court and soon. Thanks Everyone!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • I don't see the problem. So your ex has custody and kicked YOUR child out of HIS house? This child should now be with you. I can't imagine kicking a child out of the house.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

  • Lawyers charge different prices between lawyers themselves and also between lawfirm to lawfirm. I'd take a phone book and sit down and start calling them. In larger lawfirms assistant lawyers and also paralegals cost less them lawyers themselves. But you have the benefit of that person going to a top lawyer for guidance for themselves with your case.

    And also, law firms with single lawyers or two or three at the most are usually cheap. Sorry one more thing, law firms with all women as lawyers - more than one lawyer - sometimes are more compassionate to women divorcing to champion women's causes.

    Good Luck!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

  • in pa if the child is 13 the judge will ask them where they want to stay id try leagel aid in ur township sometimes they can help u now u would be considered a single mom since ur child is living with u this will help u get more assistance b/c now ur income has to support two people not just u.

    Answer by rainmommy at 10:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

  • Call CPS and tell them what he did. Let their lawyers handle it. That's a crime. You can't throw a minor out. If you don't like that idea then call the court house and ask how to find the program where lawyers work pro bono. You may have to pay a $40 (that's our local charge) consultation fee but that's it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

  • Do you need to change custody, or child support? Custody wise I would think it would be a no brainer and you could handle it yourself in court if your ex kicked your son out, just go to the family court area in the courthouse and ask them how to get a court date. For child support, call Child Support Enforcement and ask them to handle it.

    Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

  • I don't get the problem either. he probably kicked him out b/c he knew that your son would go to you. Have the custody changed to where you have full custody or sole custode or whatever. Problem solved!

    Answer by Mommy0425 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Is this right???

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)