do i let his father see him?

so before me and my ex split up, he was a great dad... then not so much. he told me he couldnt stand our sons crying and screaming, and didnt see him for two months, then took him on his birthday and a couple times after. then i just didnt want him to see him i was afraid he would leave him again, thats when he told me for those two months he had a drinking problem and i told him to show me get help for it. i dont even know if he really did or not. he has not seen him for 4 months. hes almost 2 1/2

there is a custody order in place, but he hasnt gone to court or anything to try and see him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Well, nomatter the history between the two of you, that is still your son's father. If he wants to see him, then I think he should be allowed. If he gets aggravated that bad then don't let the visit be very long.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i would not keep the father from his son but if he does not show you that he wants to see him then dont put your son thru that the only one it hurts is the baby i would try to work something out for the sake of the baby good luck and godbless
    fancyface09

Answer by fancyface09 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You don't want your son to think that you are the reason his father is never around because he will resent you for it later. Keep the visits short or invite the father to group settings if you are concerned.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 11:49 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i think if he really wanted to see him then he would and he is your son so you say were he goes and doesnt go.
    lagurl

Answer by lagurl at 12:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Well you have to remember, he's just as much your kids parent as you are. If he's not mentally or physically abusing your child, you have no right to keep him from seeing the kid.
    treehugger823

Answer by treehugger823 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Yes, and letting this man come into and out of this boy's life as he see's fit is the smart thing to do. C'mon ladies. GET REAL. Do you know how much damage that does to a child? To make them feel like they are only worthy of their other parents time once in a while?

Seriously, if he's genuine and honest and keeps consistent contact with your son, yes, let him be a part of his life. If he doesn't, tell him to hit the road. You can't put your son in emotional turmoil like that if his dad is only going to be a dad when he gets a wild hair up his ass to do so.
    Anonymous

• I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ANONYMOUS
    bayliesmommy

Answer by bayliesmommy at 8:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2009