She's crazy!!!

Omg.. I dont know how to deal with this situation with my MIL and BIL. My Bil is 19 and decided to propose to his gf of 2mths. He bought my old wedding set from me and hubby. He didnt have the money upfront, but said he could pay 4 days later. So we gave him the ring, he had it sized down from an 8 to a 4.5. He proposed, she said yes, they broke up the next day.He didnt want to pay for the ring because he coudlnt afford it. I told him that I still needed the money, since now i couldnt sell the set since it was mismatched(he had the engagment ring sized, not the band too). Well, my electric bill came in, and it was $400-crazy!!!- and I needed that $100 for the ring to help pay it. Hubby called and asked Bil for it, and he threw a fit because he is about to leave for Basic Training and doesnt want to go broke. My MIL called and bitched us out, once again taking up for BIL and another one of his stupid little irrational cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• decisions. She also let us borrow one of her extra cars (she has 3) because our A/C broke in ours, and we used it for a week and a half. The day my A/c was fixed, the alternator went out in her car. She explained to us that it had been giving her trouble for months, dont worry about it, but we offered to fix it and she said no. Well this car has been sitting in my yard for a month now, and she hasnt done anything with it, which is fine. But yesterday when she called about BIL she demanded that we fix the car and was blaming the alternator going out on us, that takes time for that to happen, nothing we did in a week and a half caused it to happen. I promise. Me and hubby, well, fiance, are getting married in October, and he doesnt want to invite her or his Brother because they always do this to him. She has done some pretty horrible things.... How do I deal with this?? Should we invite her??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I say no. They are disrespectful of you and your fiance. If huby doesn't want them there then you have no obligation to invite them.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i wouldnt invite her if she miss drama queen u dont want her to be there on ur speacial day causeing problems ialso wouldnt invite ur bil either he'll probably cause drama to
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree. Don't invite her. She is disrespectful. Have your special day on your own terms. If your fiance has a change of heart at the last minute, make sure it is brought out in the open to them that they can only attend if they can keep their negativity to themselves.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 10:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Ok, now calm down. This is your wedding we're talking about here. It's a once in a lifetime event. Call a truce for that day but at least invite them. It's the mature thing to do. You can go back to alienating her after the wedding. I'm speaking as a mom whose dd is getting married soon and I'm not invited bc when I borrowed her car in April she thinks I put too many miles on it when I visited two grandsons she told me not to visit. Don't do something you will regret later and make matters worse than they are now.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm thinking that we will invite her, he says no now, but he will probably change his mind later. Im sure at some point we will be back on good terms, and as a mother myself, I would hate to miss that special day in my childs life too. but luckily we will have security, first shit she starts, she's out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• This is your fiance's family and he doesn't even want them there. That is pretty sad, but I would respect his wishes. I will tell you from experience about the car, when things are bad she will tell you that you broke it and demand the money until the day she dies. My mom is like this. She won't say a word about money until she gets pissed off. BUT she never asks for my little brother to pay her back. Back to the point. I would go along with your fiance'swishes. It is his day too and they might bring too much stress to him. There are still a few months and things might cool down by then, but who knows. Good luck and focus on yourself and your fiance.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:55 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You've got plenty of time to change your mind so don't tell them they're not invited.
    You've learned a very valuable lesson recently. Never do business with family and if it's in your possession and it breaks, you should fix it whether they want to take the money or not, you should insist they take it so that money doesn't destroy a family. It sounds like your man has had a lot of family problems before now and I understand, but no amount of money is worth the problems... let it be their problems, not yours.
    The guy and his girl might make up soon but if he gave the ring back to you, I'd not sell it to him again and remember this lesson... never sell anything to family or buy anything from family because it almost always happens just this way.
    If something were to happen to your BIL you have to ask yourself, if the life time's of I wish's were worth the $100
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• You're having a wedding, but you can't afford your electric bill???
    Anonymous

• First of all your BIL will not need money in basic training. They take all the worldly possessions when they get there. Not for good, just temporarily. When we help out family, we usually never expect it back. Because we never get it back.

Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009