Extended rear facing and asthma

my kid has severe asthma, a lot of coughing, ect. i want to rear face (he is 2.5) but I am worried I wont be able to get to him in time with his inhaler or wahtever the situation is.

what would you do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Turn him around. My 9 year old has asthma and chest constriction only makes it worse. If you need to get to him in a hurry and he is backwards those precious few seconds could mean life and death dont take the chance turn him around. its the choice between him being able to breathe or whatever the reason you decided to keep him rear facing to me its a no brainer air is way more important. i hope you figure it out and your son is okay
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 11:10 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I agree with the PP you have extended the rear facing by a year and a half that is very good and it sounds like you are more likely to have the asthma problem than you are from having complications with a car accident.
    MammaMcC

Answer by MammaMcC at 11:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2009