How do I get motivated to clean my house and stop procrastinating?

I'm not very "domestic", but my husband is a neat freak (former Marine). It drives him crazy that I don't keep up very well with the house work. I am also diabetic, and find that I get low blood sugars a lot even doing light housework. How do I get started and get finished?

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Home & Garden

• You share both things with me...I too hate housework and have low blood sugars..Yikes we must be twins!!! LOL Eat 6 small meals a day with loads of protein for the blood sugar problem. To help get ya motivated with cleaning I found a really fun group here called the fluttering flybabies. It is a hoot!! Really good advice and It actually helped to get my place in some kinda order. They must be miracle workers to do that. good luck and take care of yourself.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:11 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Do a little at a time. Wash dishes today. do 1 or 2 loads of laundry the next day. THere is no law that says it all has to be done at the same time.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 7:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• There is a group here on CM called Cleaning Game Group, you do 15 min of cleaning and then check in. Of course it's very nice to see your accomplishments and also since you are diabetic you can take breaks! :)
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 7:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Your marine hubby would agree with me. Clean as you go. As you are doing someting that needs to be wiped, changed, or put away, do it as your doing the other activity your doing.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:32 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Put on some happy music! And my rule of thumb is "All hands in, all hand out" which means, never travel from one place to another without something in your hands. This usually means you do multiple spaces at once, rather than focusing on one room at a time, which for me, can be oppressive!
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 9:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• flylady dot com
    Yea it sounds cheesy but she helps keep people on track. maybe she can help.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2008