What are your thoughts on Homescan survey panel?

Anyone here use it? Is it actually worth it to do?

calliemist

Asked by calliemist at 11:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Money & Work

• I never heard of it.

There is a list of legitimate survey companies here:

www.freelancebyu.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:23 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I ready about this last night, as a matter of fact.  Although you don't earn money, you do get to qualify for some nice prizes.  If it's something that interests you, I just suggest that you do more research.  Read all you can about the company and business.   What you are doing here by asking is a great start.   You can read this to start:

How to Safely Work at Home

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Thank you. I'm definitely doing research before going into any venture because even though I do desire supplemental income, I don't want to get caught up in the wrong company as there are so many scams out there.

calliemist

Answer by calliemist at 12:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Feel free to check out my whole work at home article series here in my Journal:

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Been there, done that...sent it back in a month. It wasn't worth the time and effort for me, but I know lots of women who love it. The only thing you can do is give it a try and see how you like it. They give you a postage paid box to send it back, so you aren't out anything if it's not your kind of thing.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Wait...HomeScan by Nielsen? Where they send you the scanner and you enter all your purchases? 'Cause that's what I was talking about. I get their surveys all the time through other companies where I get cash instead of points for prizes.

Most companies farm out their surveys through other companies and you can do better with the sister company than the one that's running the survey.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Thanks ladies. Very good information.
    calliemist

Answer by calliemist at 2:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2009