I've never grilled pork chops before. Any words of wisdom for me?

Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of pork chops and not experience in cooking them at all.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i agree make sure it is cooked thoroughly, usually if it is still oozing juices, then it is not done, lawry's and mrs. dash have good seasonings that do not have any sodium and add flavor
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 11:35 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Make sure it is cook thoroughly but not overdone...I don't advocate thermometors because piercing the meat can dry it out but you want to be careful with pork. I say feel the density the firmer the better!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Good question, I'll be watching this one closely. I've only baked pork chops, I'm so afraid that they'd get really dry and chewy on the grill...I'd love to learn how to do it. Are you using bone in? and how do I season them? Don't mean to hijack the question, lol....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• oh sorry, i think lawry's may have some sodium , but mrs. dash does not, also buying a pork country ribs (boneless) and cooking in a crock pot with just some seasoning makes great carnitas tacos (the soft kind not fried tortilla), though it cooks in its own juices its best to remove the might as soon as its done so you can drain the excess fat
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 11:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• sorry, i mean remove the meat*, ok i'll stop commenting now lol
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 11:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I'm using bone-in. I think I will season them with EVOO, Tony Chaceries, cayenne and garlic powder.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• They were Fantastic! I ended up rubbing them with EVOO and Adobo sauce (the liquid from a can of Chipotles in Adobo) , and seasoning with Tony Chaceries, worcheshire, and garlic powder. They had a great smoky spice and flavor; the spice was not overwhelming either.

Thanks everyone!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2009