What are some things you did for your child while they were teething and super crabby???

My daughter had her 2 bottom teeth pop up within days of eachother and she's so crabby! I've used the orajel, give her cold washcloths to chew on, (she chews on anything though), used the cold teething rings, and given her a bit of tylenol.
Just wondering if anyone's done anything I haven't thought of yet. She's 4 months old by the way.

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 11:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My best friend, a Registered Nurse, put whiskey on my babies gums but it didn't work. We almost drank it instead ds was so noisy. Give baby a lot of frozen washclothes to chew on and frozen toy rubber duckies too to chomp away on.

It's heartbreaking isn't it? Feel better!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Yes it's heartbreaking. I know she'll get through it, obviously, we all did lol, but I hate seeing her in so much pain.
    Thanks for the tip though. I'll try the rubber duckie thing.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 11:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I would use teething tablets or take a wash cloth and run it under warm water and let her chew on it. Thats probably what made her feel the best. Good luck
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Frozen bananas in one of those mesh bag thingys... both dds loved it, helped a lot. Mine were a bit older but they dont eat much of the banana so it shouldnt hurt her tummy.
    Hopefully yours feels better soon!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• It won't help NOW... but buy a baltic amber teething necklace... they are WONDERFUL!!! Buy from Europe... you shouldn't pay more than $10 for a necklace.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• mine nursed a lot when they were teething, tylenol and I would rub them if they let me.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 12:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Baby teething tabs are really good, and also a friend of mine used to put a TINY amount of orajel on her child's gums when he was teething. She also tried a small dab of whiskey on the gums and that seemed to help as well, but I know a lot of people will not want to do that. Hope these suggestions help and good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Try not to use orajel. The numbing agent in orajel can toughen gums and make the teething process longer and more uncomfortable.

I use teething tablets, tylenol, and frozen pineapple in DD's mesh feeder. Pure vanilla (not immitation) extract helps too!
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 4:20 AM on Jul. 27, 2009

• I should clarify.. if you use the vanilla extract, just get some on your finger and rub it on the gums or rub some on your baby's paci if they take one.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 4:22 AM on Jul. 27, 2009