Where is your 11 month old???

My daughter is 11 1/2 months old and she seems small for her age. Shes about 19 1/2 lbs and 28 inches. She has about 4 teeth and is walking, not good shes still wobbly but shes moving around. She has a few words like dada, mama, baba, nana but I dont know if there just sounds or she actually knows what they mean. Just curious where your little one stands.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 11:43 AM on Jul. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know my daughter was the same she didnt actually start saying thing until she was 18 months, now she counts, recites her alphabet, she asks questions, she lets me know when she is hungry or thirsty, when she has gone poopoo, she sings a number of different songs all the way through. It all seemed to happen over night. She is only 22 months
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• At 12 months my daughter was 16 lbs, 28.5 inches, had 6 teeth, said 2 words, did not wave (not that you mentioned it, bit it kind of worried me) and walked pretty well. She started walking at 11 months.
    She is now 20 months old, she's still small, or at least light, 20 lbs and 32 inches. She says a lot of words, but not compared to some kids her age, neither of my kids have been early talkers. But she can let tell me things like if she's hungry or thirsty or needs a new diaper like the previous person said. She can also sing a few songs, do peg type puzzles, count to 10 (not that she knows what it means, she just heard it a lot and started repeating it.)

mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My son just turned 12 months, but he is 23 lbs 12 oz and 23.3 inches tall (just had his 1 year appointment yesterday) He says quite a few words, Mama, Dada, hi, buh bye, all done, kitty, bubo (bubble), uh oh, yum... and then signs milk, can shake his head no, and wave bye. He walks very well. He has 6 teeth.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• o I forgot to mention my daughter is 22 months 31 lbs and 37 inches tall she has 16 teeth
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 1:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I haven't taken my DD to her year check up yet (scheduled for tues.) but that sounds about where she is at. Every one who asks how old she is, they say she seems small. But the doc keeps telling me she is a long baby and her weight is slightly above average.
    As for her development, she's been walking for about 2 months now, but, like your LO, she only says a few words and some of them I don't know if she's REALLY saying words. She said itty (kitty) the other day as she pointed to our cat. I was SO excited! :) But she really just babels mostly.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 3:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Well he'll be 12 months next week and a little less than a month ago he weighed in at 21lbs and 28inches. He has 8 teeth (4 on top, 4 on bottom) and two molars coming in. He says "dada" "hi" "uh oh" and we're trying to teach him his name but right now it comes out like "iah" lol (for Izaiah). I swear he said "apples" the other day but I couldn't get him to do it again lol. He's also walking, waving bye-bye, and giving hugs and kisses, my favorite part!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My son Deegan is 11and a half months. He is around 22-23lbs and 31inches. He has 5 teeth. He is in the begining stages of walking. He says mom, dad, papa, no(and shakes his head no), yeah, kirky(his unckes name), and sim(swim). He just started waving today and he gives hugs and kisses.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• My daughter is 11 months, 29 inches. She has been taking steps for over a month now. She'll walk across the room and then go down. She says dada, mama, hi, doggie, bye bye, and a few other words. Sometimes she'll say a word once and I haven't heard her say it again yet. She understands lots of words. She waves, shakes her head no. Has 6 teeth.
    Anonymous