• In the Spotlight:

what is a easier way to potty train my 2 year old help plz

lagurl

Asked by lagurl at 12:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I started my son in the summer when he didn't have to have a boatload of clothes on. I then sat the portable potty in front of the tv with a dvd of Bear in The Big Blue House using the potty. It worked. He wasn't fully trained at night until he was older but by 2 1/2 he was trained during the day.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 12:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• lol robins what a cute idea... My son was easy...almost to easy. Maybe you could try the cheerio trick. say...let's go feed the toilet.take some cheerios and put them in...now you have to water them...then flush toilet and say oh my the toilet had to burp..bye bye cheerios.....good luck..each child is different and they will make a mess. guess you can tell I'm a goofy parent at times...for some reason boys think it's pee pee and pooping is funny...so at times, I just go with it to make it fun or funny

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 1:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• well with my daghter (shes 2) i just took the diapers away.and im not using pull ups eiether.its summer so shes doesnt get cold or anything i just let her be nude during the day. and i set the potty in the living room and the first day she was running to the potty when she had to go. i just kept remiding her thats where she went when she had to go pee or poop.
    Anonymous

• Is your child a boy or a girl??? that is what I would need to know. I have trained both, but I trained them differently.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 2:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• i have a boy and i am ready for him to get out of dipers
    lagurl

Answer by lagurl at 1:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2009