back to school fun!!I need advice

My six year old son wants to have 5 friends over before school starts up but i have a few questions.Do you think it would be better to do it 5-7 or 8 during the week and order pizza or something or on a sat. afternoon? I work 8-4 monday thru friday so i cant do it during the week during the day.What is the best way to do invites over the internet or..............I went to k-mart and all they have is birthday party invites i could always get them but i wasnt planning on doing goodie bags or getting a cake,or should i???

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in

• To answer your first question- I think doing it on a Saturday afternoon would be better. A lot of parents work during the week, and may not get off til 6 or so, so they wouldn't be able to bring their child to the party at 5. I think a Saturday afternoon would be better because most parents are off work, and their weekends are more likely to be free.

I would do invites over the internet (using a site like evite.com) ONLY if you're sure you have the correct and updated emails for everyone that you're inviting. Some people only check their email every few days, and may not get it in time. Therefore, if you're planning to use a site like evite.com, make sure you have everyones current email addresses OR I say just to do it the old-fashioned way and mail out invites.

Is it a birthday party? If not, I wouldn't do cake and goodie bags. However, I would do some type of treat (maybe pizza and popsicles afterwards, or something).

GabriellaM

Answer by GabriellaM at 12:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Saturday afternooon

Pizza and the necessary items for ice cream sundaes! :)

Anonymous

• i would think sat afternoon would be better for everyone.

have your son make invites to mail out, or buy generic party invites (not bday), or email, or call (whatever your more comfortable w/)

maybe have pizza delivered

or have a cookout (hamburgers / hot dogs) - if doing an outside party you could let them swim,slip&slide,water balloon fights,etc.

scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 6:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I would agree with Saturday afternoon, but I did one for my son's cub scout pack and NONE of the parents were available on Saturday because their kids are on swim teams. So I did mine on a Friday at 4:00 p.m. - pizza and a movie night. (I had to take the day off from work) We had pizza, watched a movie, went to the pool, came back to the house and had dessert. No cake or goodie bags needed. I did my invites on Evite and then followed up via email (I knew they all reviewed their emails regularly). Both the parents and the kids had a blast. Grilling hotdogs and hamburgers, chalk, water balloon fights, etc. are all great ideas as well.
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 10:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Saturday afternoon for sure! An evite is fine. You can always make follow up phone calls to make sure people got the invite if you don't hear from them in a couple of days time.
    I'd say rent a movie and have popcorn and snack food like bagel bites, grapes, cheese, cookies or whatever your kids eat!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2009