What milestone of your childs has been hardest for you?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• Her indepence is very bittersweet. She's not nursing near as often as she did last year and she doesn't even like it for comfort half the time. She also tells me to go away, leave her alone, tells me my kisses are icky and that she wants to stay with Grandma.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I get a little teary eyed as we ditch everything.... formula, bottles, diapers and diaper bag itself. Moving from the baby to toddler section of stores was heartbreaking but this morning at JCpenney I realized my 4T sized son needed undies and his height/weight led us to... the BIG BOYS area. I had a full blown sob fest... the end of the line. Le sigh...
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• When my oldest started preschool last year. I cried almost the entire day.
    GabriellaM

Answer by GabriellaM at 12:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Milestone? Wow, where to begin. Believe it or not, it's when they move out. Whether to go to college or just finally get a job and an apartment. The first child, it really didn't hit me until she had kids of her own. Just recently, she went through some major issues, which was even harder. Not only did I have to worry about her, but I had to worry about her two children. But when my baby went to college- that was the worst moment for me. I went into her room and sat on her bed every night and cried. My babies were all gone. -------> Little did I know, they weren't gone too far. I still see them almost every day, sometimes they even stress me out!

So, cherish the younger years Gals, at least then you have some control. LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• When my first when to college....leaving home. That was so hard for me, I think I cried his whole senior year. haha. Now he's getting married in 2 weeks (he's 29 now), and I think we have sufficiently separated so as to not get all weird.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I think when he left pre-k. I knew then life was going to be different. During that time I was teaching in the school where he went. I only had him in my class for a few months but all of sudden I knew I was no longer have him in my school. He was going into Kindergarten and I didn't know anyone or the district policies at all. So I went and got a job in the district. I just can't seem to help it. I know I can't go to college with him. This summer I am doing VBS. I decided to not help out in his classroom just because he is getting to that age.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• my two and half year just now started calling me mama. melts my heart everytime!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 12:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• stopping breastfeeding
    littleleesmom

Answer by littleleesmom at 1:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• Teething.
    Teething.
    Teething.

And crawling.

Oh, but did I mention teething?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2009

• All of them are hard. When we stopped breastfeeding. Her birthdays.

I think though the worst was when I looked at her one day and I suddenly realized she was a little girl. She was no longer my baby.

Of course, she will always be my baby, but she isn't a baby anymore. That is bittersweet.

casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2009